Established in the year 1988, Indian Printing Packaging and Allied Machinery Manufacturers’ Association (IPAMA), has been in the centre-stage since its inception. It is providing necessary inputs to the Government of India on various issues concerning the Industry for policy making, in collaboration with CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM and FIEO. It is also working on maximising exports and simultaneously bring down the imports of machinery and other related products which are already being manufactured in the country.
IPAMA was registered under the Societies Act in the year 1991 in New Delhi. The Corporate Office is being operated from its own sprawling building located in Sector 62, Institutional Area, Noida. The building is equipped with all the modern facilities for holding Conferences, Seminars and other related programmes.
In pursuance to its aims and objectives, IPAMA is regularly collecting information from different sources on market perspectives of Indian products and the developments taking place around the world. The information collected is disseminated to the Members through various modes of communication, including the quarterly journal i.e. IPAMA Bulletin, being published by the Corporate office. Besides undertaking various promotional activities, IPAMA is also organising PRINTPACK INDIA exhibition biennially which is one of the largest exhibitions in the world on Graphic Arts Industry.
IPAMA is the only Association which represents most of the sectors of the Graphic Arts Industry and Packaging. The Association has also been recognised by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry for its involvement in policy making, concerning various segments of the Printing and Packaging Industry.
As an active Member of the Committee for Indian Standards for Printing, Packaging and Allied Industry, under the aegis of Bureau of Indian Standards, IPAMA has also been playing an important role in formulation of standards for different types of machines and allied products which are being manufactured by the Indian Printing and Packaging Industry. The Association is also representing the Manufacturing Sector on the Development Council for Printing and Packaging Industry. It is also on the Consultative Committee of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry and a core Member of the National Committee on Capital Goods and Engineering, of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
The guidelines laid down by BIS for standardization of Printing, Packaging Machinery and allied products are also being subscribed by IPAMA from time to time. Due to the constant and the serious efforts made, and the role played by it at different levels, today the Indian graphic arts machinery and the allied products have earned global acceptance.
Main activities of IPAMA:
- Playing a pivotal role in the policy making, concerning exports and imports of graphic arts machinery and related products, in collaboration with Government Departments, CII, ASSOCHAM and PHD.
- Dissemination of information to the Members and the Industry on latest developments taking place across the globe in design and machine manufacturing, through Publications, Press Releases, Circulars, Seminars, etc.
- To find out new market avenues for the products of its Members.
- To organise participation in national and international exhibitions, conferences etc.
- Taking up any cause of the Members with Government and non-Governmental organizations for redressal.
- Synergized with World Federations like Asia Print and Global Print for promoting solidarity and cooperation amongst global and regional fraternity and extending support to each other in the process of organizing Print Exhibitions in Member countries.
- Organizing Trade Missions to Asian countries, Japan as also to USA, Germany, Britain, Italy Switzerland, etc.
- Promoting Brand India image and exploring possibilities of entering into joint ventures and business collaborations, etc. with Asian Countries.
- IPAMA encourages its Members to get ISO certification to standardize the industry and provides one-time subsidy of Rs.15,000/- to the members as incentive.
- Founder Member of the World Federations e.g. Global Print, Asia Print.
- Members advertising in exclusive IPAMA publications are entitled to discount in tariff.
- IPAMA provides its publications, including quarterly magazine, to the Members free of cost.